SOF 2.6.0 focuses on optimization of key audio components and extends the usage of Zephyr as the RTOS for SOF.
- New platforms support: NXP i.MX93 and initial Intel Lunar Lake.
- Performance optimizations to audio components: dcblocker, eq-fir and copier; increased usage of HiFi4 SIMD.
- More native Zephyr platforms: Intel cAVS2.5
- Initial support for non built-in libraries.
- Support to run SOF as Zephyr POSIX target on Linux for faster feature development and fuzzing.
- Continuing hardening of IPC and Zephyr.
Learn more about the release here.