SOF 2.5.0 includes the following highlights:
- New platforms support: Mediatek mt8188
- New audio modules: ARIA (Automatic Regressive Input Amplifier Module)
- New modules migrated to Module API: SRC
- Significant performance optimizations: dcblock (upto 50%). mixer (upto 18%), volume (upto 15%), copier (upto 33%), eqiir
- Continued adoption of Zephyr native interfaces in the SOF application code: module initialization now done with SYS_INIT(), removal of XTOS dependency in idc.h/task.h/io.h interfaces.
- Removal of legacy Intel platforms — support for these platforms will continue via the SOF stable-v2.2 branch. The remaining Intel platforms in SOF mainline all use Zephyr as the RTOS.
Learn more about the release here.