SOF 2.4.1 is the first release using Zephyr RTOS with native Zephyr device drivers (on some Intel platforms) and Windows IPC. This should be the last “opt-in” intermediary release as code is transitioned to support Zephyr RTOS, topology2, Module API, and IPC abstraction (IPC3/4) support.
- Zephyr RTOS with Zephyr device drivers on the Intel Tigerlake platform as a user “opt-in.” The default is TGL (xtos) on v2.2.
- IPC configuration now defaults to IPC4 (version used on Windows) on Intel platforms; topology has been upgraded to version 2.
- Lots of processing optimizations and increased use of SIMD intrinsics in hot processing code.
- About 50% of processing modules have been upgraded to the new Module API alongside the initial introduction of IADK API (to support reuse of 3rd party modules from Windows).
- Support for Cadence MP3 and AAC decoders (IPC3 only atm).
Learn more about the release here.