SOF 2.2 includes the following features:
- The codec adapter is now the module adapter and its API reflects the same API used by the Windows processing modules. This allows 3rd-party processing ISVs to reuse existing code from Windows without any modifications.
- The Frag API has been deprecated which results in a ~1MCPS improvement per component.
- The Frame API has been added. It pre-calculates block sizes for SIMD/non SIMD use cases which results in a ~0.25MCPS improvement.
- Processing modules/components
- A new up mix and down mix module has been added with support for HiFi4; it can up/down mix the number of channels in a stream.
- Native APIs have been for logging, delays, and sleeping. SOF Should be fully Zephyr Native by v2.3.
- IPC4 additions have been made to enable more advanced use cases and audio endpoints for Windows.
Learn more about the release here.