SOF 2.1.1 includes the following features:
- New Platforms – Support for Mediatek MT8186 has been added.
- New Processing – Support for Google AEC has been added.
- More performance improvements have been added in copy functions for most components with the deprecation of the frag API. Some processing code paths have improved by up to 18MCPS with the same audio quality.
- Stability improvements have been added to multi-core support on Intel cAVS platforms; these platforms can now support running dynamic pipelines on any DSP core.
- Zephyr RTOS is now used instead of XTOS for community release for the APL and i.MX8 platforms.
- Initial support has been added for Windows media player on certain TGL Windows-based devices via the IPC4 protocol.
NOTE: The 2.1 release was delayed due to a late regression which meant a 2.1.1 release was required.
Learn more about the release here.